One Tree Hill’s Paul Johansson Struggled With Despair All over Display

[ad_1]
One Tree Hill’s Paul Johansson Reveals He Struggled With Depression While Playing Dan Scott
Paul Johansson. Michael Kovac/Getty Pictures for AdoptTogether

Paul Johansson is getting candid about how his function on One Tree Hill took a toll on his psychological well being.

“It was awful,” Johansson, 59, shared at the Tuesday, December 19 episode of the “Trying to Figure It Out With Ally Petitti” podcast. “I was deeply depressed and I was drinking.”

Johansson starred because the notorious villain Dan Scott within the teenager drama collection, which started airing on The WB in 2003. Within the display, his personality is the organic father of Lucas Scott (Chad Michael Murray) and Nathan Scott (James Lafferty) and the grasp manipulator in their small the city.

The actor shared that he used to be “drinking a couple bottles of wine a night” via himself, including that “it was really tough” for “about six or seven years.” Johansson additionally published that individuals would transfer seats on airplanes “to get away” from him.

One Tree Hill Cast Reunions Through the Years See Their Sweetest Moments

Similar: 'One Tree Hill' Forged Reunions During the Years

Ravens for existence! One Tree Hill hooked audience in with its dramatic tale strains — however the solid’s real-life friendships are what helps to keep lovers speaking in regards to the teenager collection just about twenty years after its premiere. “We’ve known each other for almost two decades now. Our friendships have changed immeasurably,” Sophia Bush solely advised Us Weekly […]

“It was just a time when I think I was absorbing the energy of the people that were looking at me and seeing me and seeing me as something that’s bad,” he recalled, including that he’s “sensitive” and “vulnerable to criticism.”

He famous that the way in which “to get out of it,” used to be that the display “had to end.” When OTH sooner or later did come to a detailed in 2012, Johansson confessed he used to be “actually grateful.”

“I needed to get out and get other characters and feel other things, but then I was getting bad guy roles again because of that show,” he stated. “It put me in a box.”

When podcast host Best friend Petitti requested if he used to be supplied with any make stronger from the display, he spoke back: “It’s a really, really simple question. Never, nothing, zero.”

One Tree Hill’s Paul Johansson Reveals He Struggled With Depression While Playing Dan Scott
Kevin Wintry weather/Getty Pictures

This isn’t the primary time that Johansson has unfolded about his time with the OTH. After costar Bethany Pleasure Lenz referred to as the set “divided” from time to time, Johansson solely advised Us Weekly that he by no means skilled that.

“I think I was more isolated from that,” he advised Us in August 2019. “I think people were more careful around me, because I was a different generation. I’m a big dog, you know what I mean? So I don’t think that would have gone on under my watch, had I seen any of it. I didn’t see anything on the set, but sets can become pretty familiar with each other. Boundaries can get a little bit blurry. You’ve got to check yourselves and help each other.”

Johansson famous that “it was a super close set,” they usually “really all loved each other.”

“I didn’t know about that — if there were any separations in that regard,” he stated. “I don’t think as an older character, I was involved in all that stuff.”

He persevered: “What I do believe is that we have a tremendously powerful female contingent that really drove our show. My feeling is that that show is a female powerhouse-driven show and that we followed the girls much more than they ever followed us. Like, our leaders were Joy, Sophia [Bush] and Hilarie [Burton Morgan]. They were our leaders in many ways and setting a lot of examples.”

https://classifiedsmarketing.com/movie-and-celebrity-news/one-tree-hills-paul-johansson-struggled-with-depression-during-show/?feed_id=70798&_unique_id=6583e065e4938

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post