Charmed's Alyssa Milano Addresses Claims She Were given Shannen Doherty Fired

[ad_1]

Alyssa Milano is talking out about Holly Marie Combs’ declare she were given Shannen Doherty fired from Charmed.

“I feel like I should address the elephant in the room,” Milano, 51, stated right through a Friday, February 2, Charmed panel at Megacon Orlando. “You’re all Charmed fans, I knew this was going to come up in one way or another. I want to be very thoughtful in how I respond to any of this.”

Milano used to be regarding Doherty, 52, and Combs’ December 2023 “Let’s Be Clear” podcast episode, the place the pair spoke candidly in regards to the drama in the back of the scenes of the WB sequence and claimed that Milano used to be in the back of Doherty getting fired from the display.

“I will just say that I’m sad. I don’t think it’s really that I’m sad for me or for my life or how it does or does not affect my life. I’m the most sad for the fans,” she shared. “I am the most sad that a show that has meant so much to so many people has been tarnished by a toxicity that is still to this day almost a quarter of a century later still happening.”

Alyssa Milano Shannen Doherty Holly Marie Combs on Charmed Charmed Drama Timeline

Comparable: ‘Charmed’ In the back of-the-Scenes Drama Over the Years: A Timeline

The facility of 3 will set us loose … from the entirety however drama. Charmed, which premiered on The WB in 1998, made headlines from the beginning as Aaron Spelling employed Shannen Doherty to play probably the most 3 Halliwell sisters, 4 years after she used to be infamously let cross from Spelling Tv’s Beverly Hills, 90210. “[Aaron] […]

The actress admitted she used to be additionally dissatisfied that others “can’t move past” the drama and absorb what they completed in 8 seasons. Whilst Milano understands that Doherty and Combs, 50, are nonetheless dealing with their emotions, she defined that she additionally needed to paintings on processing her personal feelings.

“When I think back to that time it was hard for me, and I have worked super hard in my life in the last 25 years to heal all of my trauma,” she stated. “And that’s not just all the trauma that I experienced while shooting but all of my trauma. I’ve worked really hard to heal the bits because I understand that hurt people hurt people and my intention is to be a healed person that helps heal people.”

Alyssa Milano Addresses Shannon Doherty and Holly Marie Combs Podcast Comments
Gregg DeGuire/Golden Globes 2024/Golden Globes 2024 by means of Getty Pictures

Milano shared that she needs she and her costars may get on level to do a panel in combination for his or her lovers however doesn’t know what else she will be able to do to mend the trio’s damaged bond.

“I think I’ve been very upfront and taken accountability for and apologized for whatever part I played in the situation,” she confessed. “I have been very forthcoming about that. I don’t know how else to fix it.”

Whilst the drama is “heartbreaking and hard” for Milano, she is extra dissatisfied for the lovers.

“This is the uncomfortable part that I wish was different,” she concluded. “So apologies to all of you who love us anyway.”

Milano starred as Phoebe Halliwell on all 8 seasons of the supernatural sequence, which ran from 1996 to 2008. Combs and Doherty portrayed her sisters Piper and Prue, respectively. All the way through the season 3 finale, Doherty’s personality used to be impulsively killed off and changed by way of Rose McGowen’s Paige in season 4. On the time, Spelling Tv claimed Doherty left the display to pursue different tasks. Whilst Doherty didn’t supply a transparent explanation why on the time, she hinted that there used to be “drama” on set.

In December 2023,Combs and Doherty made headlines after Combs claimed that Milano used to be chargeable for Doherty’s go out.

“We didn’t mean to [fire Shannen], but we’ve been backed into this corner,” she recalled manufacturer Jonathan Levin telling her. “‘We’re basically in this position where it’s one or the other. We were told [by Alyssa] it’s her or [Shannen] and Alyssa has threatened to sue us for a hostile workplace environment.”

Friday marks the primary time Milano has touched at the firing allegations. Whilst she didn’t ascertain or deny she used to be fascinated with Doherty’s go out, she did prior to now say she took “responsibility for a lot” of the issues between her and Doherty whilst talking with Leisure This night in 2021.

“I think a lot of our struggle came from feeling that I was in competition rather than it being that sisterhood that the show was so much about,” she informed the opening on the time. “And I have some guilt about my part in that.”

https://classifiedsmarketing.com/movie-and-celebrity-news/charmeds-alyssa-milano-addresses-claims-she-got-shannen-doherty-fired/?feed_id=91764&_unique_id=65bdf9eb5f1c9

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post