Oprah Winfrey denies Taraji P. Henson feud rumors

[ad_1]

Oprah Winfrey says there’s no pork between her and Taraji P. Henson.

The media multi-millionaire briefly close down rumors that the 2 had been feuding all the way through a crimson carpet interview on the 2024 Golden Globe Awards on Sunday.

“It’s so disturbing to me. Why is my name even in this conversation? Why is my name in this conversation? ‘Cause I have just been the champion for everybody,” Winfrey, 69, advised “CBS Mornings” host Gayle King.

“The thing that is so upsetting to me is that … something went viral where they’re analyzing us on top of the Empire State Building.”

She defined, “We were cold! It was cold. That was the fourth thing we had done that day.”

Winfrey – who co-produced “The Color Purple,” during which Henson stars – insisted that she did the entirety she may just to make sure a favorable filming revel in for Henson and the remainder of the forged, which contains Fantasia Barrino, Danielle Brooks and Halle Bailey.

Oprah Winfrey denied that she’s feuding with Taraji P. Henson. FilmMagic
“It’s so disturbing to me. Why is my name even in this conversation? … ‘Cause I have just been the champion for everybody,” Winfrey mentioned. CBS

“I heard that Taraji was upset because she had been asked to [use] a rental car,” the previous communicate display host advised King, 69. “I in my opinion referred to as Toby Emmerich, who used to be on the time the top of Warner Bros., and he mentioned, ‘Well that means we have to do cars for everybody.’ And I mentioned, ‘Then we do cars for everybody. And if it’s essential, I will be able to pay for the automobiles myself.’ He is going, ‘Well, we don’t need you to do this.’

“So that was one thing, trailers were another thing, food was anther thing. And everything got handled.”

Winfrey echoed the ones sentiments in a dialog with “Entertainment Tonight,” pronouncing, “Whenever I heard there was an issue or there was a problem – there was a problem with a cars or the problem with their food – I would step in and do whatever I could to make it right. And I believe that [Henson] would even vouch for that and say that is true.”

“Whenever I heard there was an issue or there was a problem [on the set of ‘The Color Purple’] … I would step in and do whatever I could to make it right,” Winfrey added. Jordan Hinton/Symbol Press Company/MEGA

On the other hand, the multi-hyphenate made certain to notice that she used to be “not in charge of the budget” of the movie.


For extra Web page Six you're keen on …


Hypothesis there could also be dangerous blood between Winfrey and Henson, 53, started ultimate month after the latter tearfully advised King that she’s “tired of working so hard” and “getting paid a fraction” of what non-black actresses earn.

“I’m tired of hearing my sisters saying the same thing over and over,” she added. “I hear people go, ‘You work a lot.’ I have to. The math ain’t mathing.”

Henson just lately mentioned she’s “tired of working so hard” and “getting paid a fraction” of what non-black actresses earn. REUTERS

The “Empire” superstar went directly to inform The New York Instances that she needed to battle in the back of the scenes of the film, too.

“They gave us rental cars, and I was like, ‘I can’t drive myself to set in Atlanta.’ This is insurance liability; it’s dangerous. Now they robbing people. What do I look like, taking myself to work by myself in a rental car?” she mentioned.

“So I was like, ‘Can I get a driver or security to take me?’ I’m not asking for the moon. They’re like, ‘Well, if we do it for you, we got to do it for everybody.’ Well, do it for everybody! It’s stuff like that, stuff I shouldn’t have to fight for. I was on the set of ‘Empire’ fighting for trailers that wasn’t infested with bugs.”

Henson additionally had a subject with being given a apartment automotive as an alternative of a driving force. AFP by means of Getty Pictures

In the similar interview, Henson highlighted that Winfrey used to be a number of the manufacturers in her nook.

The Golden Globe winner elaborated on that concept in an Instagram submit, praising the media multi-millionaire for being “a steady and solid beacon of light to ALL OF THE CAST of The Color Purple!!!”

“She has provided ENCOURAGEMENT, GUIDANCE and UNWAVERING SUPPORT to us all. She told me personally to reach out to her for ANYTHING I needed, and I did!” Henson gushed.

Henson has praised Winfrey for being “a steady and solid beacon of light to ALL OF THE CAST of The Color Purple!!!” Jesse Grant

“It took ONE CALL… ONE CONVERSATION… and ONE DECISION MAKING BLACK WOMAN to make me feel heard.”

However social media customers felt the pair’s “body language” within the accompanying picture – which used to be taken whilst doing press on the most sensible of the Empire State Construction on a specifically chilly New York Town day – advised a distinct tale.

“I don’t buy it. But I support you Taraji,” one commenter remarked, as anyone else added, “Blink twice if she or the industry making you say this.”

https://classifiedsmarketing.com/movie-and-celebrity-news/oprah-winfrey-denies-taraji-p-henson-feud-rumors/?feed_id=78561&_unique_id=659c5fca0dec2

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post