Melissa Rivers on the most efficient and worst Golden Globes 2024 seems to be

[ad_1]

It’s merely now not a purple carpet with out Melissa Rivers.

The “Fashion Police” alum and daughter of overdue icon Joan Rivers is aware of what works (and doesn’t) on a step-and-repeat, and tells Web page Six Taste she used to be inspired by means of the sartorial appearing on the 2024 Golden Globes — to a point, no less than.

“I thought it was good. I’m not sure it was great,” Rivers says of Sunday night time’s carpet.

“I felt like it was all over the place, that there were so many trends that it was a little hard to get my head around,” she provides.

“I mean, could we have seen more black velvet? We saw a ton of sheer. We saw a lot of red. We saw a lot of big jewelry. [And] oh, my God, a lot of boobs.”

Beneath, Rivers breaks down the most efficient and worst of the Golden Globes purple carpet.

Taylor Swift

Dressed in Gucci WireImage

“Taylor Swift looked phenomenal. I loved [seeing it] in this sea of black and all these muted colors — green! The color was spectacular, the dress was spectacular … I just would have liked the top to fit a little better.”

Helen Mirren

Dressed in Dolce & Gabbana FilmMagic

“We had [all these] pops of color, which I loved. Helen Mirren was just … I mean, she walked in and it was over. She knows how to work a dress. She was just amazing.”

Angela Bassett

Dressed in Dolce & Gabbana Getty Photographs

“I at all times really feel like she presentations up and is like, ‘Oh, children, you all look so nice. Now this is how a movie star does this’ Such a lot of [it is] how she carries herself, and the perspective.

“She works it, and she knows what works on her. Everything on her is tailored beautifully, and with the long earrings and the perfect hair and makeup … you know, she just always brings it.”

Greta Lee

Dressed in Loewe Golden Globes 2024 by means of Getty Photographs

“I assumed the entrance used to be so sublime, and the again — I assumed she appeared impressive. That used to be some of the ones I checked out and went, oh my God, I would like to put on that.

“It was really a night where elegance, in my opinion, won; no one looked like their hair came from the beach, all very simple makeup … quiet luxury.”

Hunter Schafer

Dressed in Prada WireImage,

“I loved it when it was blowing and billowing … I wasn’t sure if I actually even liked it when it was dragging. But there was something sort of ethereal about it without being sheer … [and] I saw too much of too many people!”

Rosamund Pike

Dressed in Dior Haute Couture FilmMagic

“I used to be confused by means of Rosamund Pike. That headpiece truly threw me. I do know she had a snowboarding coincidence, however she’s already healed! [And] I didn’t love the get dressed. Perhaps I might have favored it higher if she wasn’t within the chunky platforms. I’m now not keen on tea period at a black tie tournament.

“I just felt there was too much going on, and I felt like people who went too over-the-top didn’t work for me.”

Emma Stone

Dressed in Louis Vuitton FilmMagic

“I'm a ginormous Emma Stone fan, however I assumed the highest did her no favors. She’s very flat-chested and it nearly accentuated that. However the cloth, the hair and the make-up have been stunning.

“It wasn’t [about] tailoring … it was just [that] I don’t think a lot of people made good decisions that would flatter their body types.”

Julia Garner

Dressed in Gucci FilmMagic

“I don’t like dresses that make me nervous; you know, where I’m anxious for the person. Julia Garner: Loved the dress, really made me feel like that tape is working overtime. [There was] a lot of boobs, a lot of cleavage, a lot of strapless. And I just kept thinking, how much tape is even left in Hollywood right now?”

Timothée Chalamet

Dressed in Celine Homme FilmMagic

“I had a second of pleasure as a result of I think like any person used to be paying attention to me, and you understand, I’m simply right here to do excellent. Timothée Chalamet wore a blouse, and I’d been complaining remaining yr about him now not dressed in a blouse. And it nearly introduced a tear to my eye. He had on a blouse!

“It’s like, there’s two people who don’t have to wear shirts: Lenny Kravitz and Harry Styles. If you are not one of those two, put on a shirt.”

Lenny Kravitz

Dressed in Alexander McQueen FilmMagic

“Lenny can do no wrong. Lenny can get away with anything because [of] his personal style, the way he carries it … and he’s Lenny Kravitz. He’s just, like, the epitome of cool.”

Jared Leto

Dressed in Givenchy Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP

“His style is getting very repetitive. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to see him show up elegant? Wouldn’t that be fun? With a shirt and no gloves — that would be a huge change!”

Meryl Streep

Dressed in Valentino FilmMagic

“She went as Miranda Priestly, and I loved it. And what’s really interesting is that — I don’t want to use the word ‘mature,’ but it wasn’t the super-young actresses that owned the carpet.”

https://classifiedsmarketing.com/movie-and-celebrity-news/melissa-rivers-on-the-best-and-worst-golden-globes-2024-looks/?feed_id=78625&_unique_id=659c7a2d0d926

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post