Jelly Roll Emotionally Testifies to Congress About Fentanyl Disaster

[ad_1]
Jelly Roll Emotionally Testifies to Congress About the Fentanyl Crisis
Kent Nishimura/Getty Pictures

Jelly Roll needs to do his section to prevent the fentanyl disaster in the USA.

“I’ve attended more funerals than I care to share with y’all,” the rustic singer, 39, stated all over his Thursday, January 11, testimony in entrance of the Senate’s Banking, Housing and City Affairs Committee as he voiced his enhance for the bipartisan Fend Off Fentanyl Act. “With this committee, I could sit here and cry for days about the caskets I’ve carried of people I loved dearly, deeply in my soul.”

Jelly Roll defined that he’s needed to say good-bye to “good people” who have been extra than simply “drug addicts,” noting they have been “uncles, friends, cousins and normal people.” The musician shared that he wasn’t showing on Capitol Hill to “defend the use of illegal drugs” and understood it was once a bit of of a “paradox” for him to talk on that topic because of his “history as a drug dealer.”

“I think that’s what makes me perfect to talk about this. I was a part of the problem,” he shared. “I am here now standing as a man that wants to be a part of the solution. I brought my community down. I hurt people. I was the uneducated man in the kitchen playing chemist with drugs I knew absolutely nothing about, just like these drug dealers are doing right now when they’re mixing every drug on the market with fentanyl and they’re killing the people we love.”

Jelly Roll and Wife Bunnie XO s Relationship Timeline

Comparable: Jelly Roll and Spouse Bunnie XO’s Dating Timeline

Jelly Roll may believe himself the son of a sinner, however he’s discovered an angel in spouse Bunnie XO. Following two stints in prison — Jelly Roll (actual identify Jason Bradley DeFord) was once arrested for annoyed theft at 16 and served 12 months sooner than being incarcerated for drug dealing on the age of 23 — […]

Jelly Roll shared that his want to fight the problem is private to him, as his disaster has unfold to his personal circle of relatives.

“Now I have a 15-year-old daughter whose mother is a drug addict. Every day I get to look in the eyes of a victim in my household of the effects of drugs,” he mirrored. “Every single day, I have to wonder … if today will be the day I have to tell my daughter that her mother became a part of the national statistic.”

Jelly Roll Emotionally Testifies to Congress About the Fentanyl Crisis
Kent Nishimura/Getty Pictures

The Grammy nominee is the daddy of daughter Bailee and son Noah from prior relationships. In 2016, he wed his present spouse, Bunnie XO. Whilst Jelly Roll is aware of what it’s love to have any individual you care about suffering with dependancy, he additionally is aware of the disaster has affected his supporters.

“At every concert I perform, I witness the heartbreaking impact of fentanyl. Fans, grappling with this tragedy in their families, seek solace in music and hope that their experiences won’t befall others,” he shared. “They crave reassurance — that their elected representatives value their lives and those of their lost loved ones above political agendas. My appeal to this committee, and to all members of the House and Senate, is to offer this hope.”

Jelly Roll drew on his previous struggles as inspiration for his track, which has since made him a breakout big name of the rustic track international.

“I’ve made a lot of peace with my past. I mean, it still haunts me like the ghosts I know, but I tell you what, I don’t think about doing no drugs today,” he stated in a December 2023 interview with Other people. “As far as today goes, I don’t know about tomorrow, but I can tell you, today, right now, I’m happy.”

https://classifiedsmarketing.com/movie-and-celebrity-news/jelly-roll-emotionally-testifies-to-congress-about-fentanyl-crisis/?feed_id=80641&_unique_id=65a0e0e1d5a9c

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post