Billie Eilish's ‘Dark Episode’ Sparked Barbie's ‘What Was I Made For’

[ad_1]

Whilst Billie Eilish‘s “What Was I Made For?” is likely one of the most vital musical moments of 2023, she says it got here after one of the crucial lowest moments in her lifestyles.

Eilish, 22, spoke about coping with darkish ideas on the Palm Springs Movie Awards on Thursday, January 4. When accepting the Chairman’s Award along her brother and cowriter, Finneas, the “NDA” singer mentioned that “any recognition that this song gets, I just want to dedicate to anyone who experiences hopelessness, the feeling of existential dread and feeling like, ‘What’s the point? Why am I here? And why am I doing this?'”

“I think we all feel like that occasionally, but I think if somebody like me, with the amount of privilege that I have and the incredible things that I get to do and be and how I have really not wanted to be here,” persevered Eilish. “Sorry to be dark, damn. But I’ve spent a lot of time feeling that way.”

Eilish then spoke to any individual who may well be coping with equivalent psychological well being problems. “Be patient with yourself,” she mentioned. “And know that it is, I think, worth it all. And I think that it’s good to be alive now. I didn’t feel like that for a very long time.”

Within the acceptance speech, Eilish mentioned she used to be in a “dark episode” when Barbie director Greta Gerwig approached her and Finneas, 26, to pen a tune for the movie. All through this episode, Eilish mentioned that “things didn’t make sense in life. I just didn’t understand what the point was and why you would keep going. Just questioning everything in the world.”

Eilish — who up to now spoke about how she and Finneas got a personal appearing of tough photos of Barbie so as to tell the advent of the tune that might change into “What Was I Made For?” — mentioned that she witnessed Margot Robbie’s Barbie “say and feel things that I really, really, really resonated with and felt so close to” right through this preview.

Billie Eilish Says Dark Episode Influenced What Was I Made For
Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic

Eilish mentioned she felt “so seen” through Barbie’s existential dread and that the movie is “the most incredible, most empowering and beautiful and funny and just unbelievable piece of art in the world, and I’m so honored to be a part of it.”

If I Shed the Layers, I'm a Slut Billie Eilish Most Powerful Quotes About Body Image

Similar: Billie Eilish's Maximum Empowering Quotes About Frame Symbol

Billie Eilish has change into a driver within the physique positivity motion — and she or he isn’t about to switch her perspectives any time quickly. Recognized for ceaselessly wearing outsized clothes onstage, Eilish up to now spread out about opting for to stay her physique out of the general public eye. “No one may have an opinion as a result of they haven’t noticed […]

The “Bad Guy” singer has been open about her struggles with psychological well being and coping with body-shaming feedback. In 2018, she spoke about how she used to be in a Berlin lodge room when she pondered suicide. “I remember there was a window right there,” she mentioned. “I remember crying because I was thinking about how the way that I was going to die was, I was going to do it.”

“What I Was Made For” heads into the 2024 awards season with a handful of nominations. The observe is shortlisted for the Perfect Authentic Track class on the 96th Academy Awards, posing it to obtain a correct nomination when they’re introduced on January 23. The tune scored 5 nominations on the 2024 Grammys: Report of the 12 months, Track of the 12 months, Perfect Track Written for Visible Media, Perfect Song Video and Perfect Pop Solo Efficiency.

For those who or anyone you already know is in emotional misery or making an allowance for suicide, name the 988 Suicide & Disaster Lifeline at 988.

https://classifiedsmarketing.com/movie-and-celebrity-news/billie-eilishs-dark-episode-sparked-barbies-what-was-i-made-for/?feed_id=77525&_unique_id=6598bc2eb342d

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post