Taraji P. Henson fired her complete crew for slacking after 'Empire' good fortune

[ad_1]

Taraji P. Henson manner trade.

In a contemporary interview with the SAG-AFTRA Basis, the actress published she fired her complete crew once they didn't capitalize on her “Empire” good fortune when the display resulted in 2020.

“Everybody had to f—kin’ go,” she quipped whilst talking with Selection’s Angelique Jackson.

Henson, who performed Cookie Lyon for 6 seasons at the hit Fox drama, additional defined that she idea she would have had considerable alternatives following the collection’ conclusion.

As an alternative, she used to be critically underwhelmed.

“Where is my deal? Where’s my commercial? Cookie was at the top of the fashion game. Where is my endorsement? What did you have set up for after this?” she reasoned.

“That’s why you all haven’t seen me in so long. They had nothing set up.”

“Where is my deal? Where’s my commercial? … What did you have set up for after this?” she mentioned in an interview for the SAG-AFTRA Basis. YouTube/@SAGAFTRAFoundation
“That’s why you all haven’t seen me in so long. They had nothing set up,” she added. YouTube/@SAGAFTRAFoundation

The Oscar-nominated celebrity, 53, conceded that she used to be keen to paintings along with her crew once they advised her it will be in her perfect hobby to have “another Cookie show.”


For extra Web page Six you like …


“I said, ‘I’ll do it, but it has to be right. … She’s too beloved for y’all to f—k it up,'” she recalled.

Henson starred on “Empire” as Cookie Lyon between 2015 and 2020. Photographer: Chuck Hodes

She endured, “And so, when they didn’t get it right, I was like, ‘Well, that’s it,’ and they had nothing else.”

“You’re all f—kin’ fired,'” she added with an unapologetic expression on her face ahead of receiving a spherical of applause from the target audience.

Throughout that very same interview, Henson candidly spoke in regards to the pay inequality she and her black colleagues need to struggle towards in Hollywood.

The actress additionally spoke in regards to the pay disparity for black ladies in Hollywood. Jordan Hinton/Symbol Press Company/MEGA

“I put in the work in so that I could have a voice, so that I could say no [to unfair offers], so that I could fight for those coming in behind me,” she defined.

“You can’t just pay me anything ’cause I’ll say no.”

She shared a an identical sentiment closing week whilst talking to Gayle King on SiriusXM as she were given emotional over the unfair remedy of black ladies within the leisure trade.

“I’m just tired of working so hard, being gracious at what I do [and] getting paid a fraction of the cost,” she advised Gayle King on SiriusXM closing week. GC Photographs

“I’m just tired of working so hard, being gracious at what I do [and] getting paid a fraction of the cost,” she mentioned.

“I’m tired of hearing my sisters saying the same thing over and over.”

The “Color Purple” celebrity additional defined, “I’m only human and it seems every time I do something and I break another glass ceiling, when it’s time to renegotiate I’m at the bottom again like I never did what I just did.”

“I’m tired of hearing my sisters saying the same thing over and over,” she added. GC Photographs

“And if I can’t fight for them coming up behind me then what the f—k am I doing?” she wondered tearfully.

She additionally identified that actors handiest take house a small portion in their salaries as a result of their crew takes a lower in their income.

“Off the top, Uncle Sam is getting 50 percent. … Your team is getting 30 percent … off what you gross, not after what Uncle Sam took,” she mentioned. “Now do the math.”

Henson in the past published in a 2019 chat with Selection that she were given paid $150,000 for “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” after soliciting for $500,000. Photographer: Chuck Hodes

Henson has been an established recommend for purchasing paid what she’s price.

In 2019, she published to Selection that she negotiated her $150,000 paycheck for “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” after to start with being introduced $100,000.

Alternatively, that used to be nonetheless a ways not up to her unique request for $500,000.

https://classifiedsmarketing.com/movie-and-celebrity-news/taraji-p-henson-fired-her-entire-team-for-slacking-after-empire-success/?feed_id=72976&_unique_id=658ba7b7ec729

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post