‘SNL' Recap: Olivia Rodrigo Makes Cameo in 'Tiny Ass Bag' Cartoon

[ad_1]

[embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRsBTw_1-iE[/embed]

Olivia Rodrigo introduced the laughs (and proved her taste famous person standing) when she made a wonder look in a Saturday Night time Reside caricature.

The singer, 20, served because the musical visitor for the Saturday, December 9, episode of the NBC caricature comedy sequence, whilst Adam Driving force hosted. Along with acting her songs “Vampire” and “All-American Bitch,” Rodrigo joined Driving force, 40, for the “Tiny Ass Bag” skit.

Driving force and SNL solid contributors Marcello Hernandez and Ego Nwodim performed boutique staff, encouraging consumers to industry their outsized handbags for smaller choices that may simplest cling one merchandise. Rodrigo performed their coworker, stoning up on the tail-end of the scene.

“My name is Georgina and I don’t have a last name. It’s Georgina and that’s it,” the Top Faculty Musical: The Musical: The Sequence alum quipped with an accessory. “We also have a carry-on option. This one is so small, it can only fit your secrets — and that’s it!”

Property Brothers! Tony Hawk! Most Memorable ‘SNL’ Cameos Through the Years

Comparable: The Maximum Memorable ‘Saturday Night Live’ Cameos In the course of the Years

Saturday Night time Reside’s hosts and musical visitors are most often the focal point every week — however occasionally extra well-known faces scouse borrow the display. Tyler Cameron crashed Kim Kardashian’s website hosting debut in October 2021, becoming a member of her for a Bachelor-inspired caricature. “That [experience] was incredible,” the Bachelor Country alum solely instructed Us Weekly weeks after he […]

Rodrigo gave Hernandez, 26, and Nwodim, 35, hugs when the caricature wrapped ahead of SNL lower to a business destroy.

Rodrigo in the past made her SNL debut in Might 2021, when she carried out “Drivers License” and “Good 4 U” as a first-time musical visitor. Whilst fanatics was hoping to peer her in a caricature on the time, she later printed that her anxiousness about taking the well-known Studio 8H level were given the easier of her.

Olivia Rodrigo Proclaims 'Tiny Ass' Handbags Are Trendy in 'Saturday Night Live' Cameo
NBC

SNL was actually, like, my second performance ever. My first performance was the BRITs in [the] U.K., which was insane, and my second one was SNL, so I was so nervous and I was like, ‘I don’t really wanna do any sketches. I’m just so nervous to do my songs,’” she defined in a SiriusXM interview later that month. “I don’t know if they had any in mind for me or not, but hopefully I get to go another time and definitely that would be something that I’d love to do.”

Two years later, Rodrigo’s August 2023 Fashion quilt tale recounted her feelings at the back of the scenes of her SNL efficiency, as journalist Jia Tolentino described that Rodrigo “had never been more scared in her life than she was in the dressing room, that she was literally crying from nerves.”

Whilst Rodrigo expertly made it via her 2d stint as musical visitor, her good friend Billie Eilish will take at the function all through the following episode, which airs on Saturday, December 16. Final month, Eilish, 21, spoke candidly about her distinctive bond with Rodrigo.

Olivia Rodrigo Proclaims 'Tiny Ass' Handbags Are Trendy in 'Saturday Night Live' Cameo
‘Saturday Night Live’ musical visitor Olivia Rodrigo plays ‘All-American Bitch’ on December 9, 2023. Will Heath/NBC

“I think everybody’s experiences are so individual,” Eilish instructed the Los Angeles Occasions in November. “Nobody has had anybody else’s life, you know? But I do feel a protectiveness over Olivia.”

Eilish went on to expose that she wrote a music about Rodrigo, alluding to the pressures of younger popularity. “I have a song called ‘Goldwing’ from my last album that’s kind of about her,” she famous. “I’ve never said that to anyone. It’s not only about her. I was just thinking about her when I was writing it. She was coming up, and she was younger than me, and nobody had ever been younger than me.”

Like Rodrigo, Eilish become an in a single day luck when she used to be nonetheless a youngster, so she felt a kinship to her fellow artist. “Olivia was getting big, and she was just, like, this little dainty child,” she recalled. “I felt so nervous. I was worried about her. She came up in that acting world, and people are so weird. I don’t know — I just felt very protective over her. And I feel that way to everyone.”

Saturday Night time Reside airs on NBC Saturdays at 11:30 p.m. ET.

https://classifiedsmarketing.com/movie-and-celebrity-news/snl-recap-olivia-rodrigo-makes-cameo-in-tiny-ass-bag-sketch/?feed_id=65493&_unique_id=65762d268d6a0

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post