Ryan Gosling Desires to Play ‘Husky Ken’ If ‘Barbie’ Lands a Sequel

[ad_1]

Ryan Gosling could also be simply Ken, but when he returns to Barbie Land, he’s hoping to play a special model of the long-lasting persona.

“Can it be a husky Ken? Can I play Husky Ken, like Sandwich Ken? Can I play that Ken next time?” Gosling, 43, quipped to Selection on Friday, December 8, including that the forged is aware of “nothing” a few attainable sequel.

Gosling was once joined by way of his Barbie costar The us Ferrera who echoed identical sentiments a few follow-up film.

“We have no information,” she advised the opening. “I will say, what Greta [Gerwig] and Margot [Robbie] have said is they did not set out to make a franchise. They put it all out on the table. Every bit of it that they loved and that they knew to do, they did. Which is refreshing, right? We’re not setting it up for 20 years of ‘Barbie’ movies. But then again, I know nothing, so there might be 20 years [of Barbie] … or a Ken spinoff?”

A Breakdown of Every Barbie and Ken From the Barbie . Movie 278 America Ferrera, Simu Liu, Margot Robbie, Issa Rae, Ryan Gosling and Greta Gerwig.

Comparable: Breaking Down Each Barbie and Ken From the ‘Barbie’ Film

The Barbie film is rapid coming near — however titular megastar Margot Robbie didn’t know if it could ever come to fruition.  “I was very scared it was going to be a no. At the time this was such a terrifying thing to take on. People were like, You’re going to do what?” Robbie advised Style in […]

Barbie, which hit theaters in July, earned greater than $1.4 billion on the field place of business. For his position of Ken, Gosling has won each essential and fan reward. He additionally earned his first-ever Billboard Scorching 100 hit track for “I’m Just Ken,” which is up for Very best Track Written for Visible Media on the 2024 Grammys. Alternatively, Gerwig, 39, confessed it took some persuasion to get Gosling to accomplish a musical quantity.

“He has a beautiful voice, and he’s a beautiful dancer. We got there organically,” the director advised Rolling Stone in July. “I think if I had said, ‘I want you to sing and dance in this movie,’ he would not have necessarily done that for me. But it was kind of that thing of boiling a lobster. I think by the time he was singing and dancing, he didn’t even totally know how we had gotten there. But he’s so fabulous at it.”

Ryan Gosling Doesnt Know Anything About a Barbie Sequel But Wants to Play Husky Ken
Ryan Gosling Jaap Buitendijk

Whilst Gosling wasn’t positive if he actually embodied the spirit of Ken, he credited Robbie, 33, and Gerwing for serving to him succeed in his complete attainable.

“Up until this point, I only knew Ken from afar. I didn’t know Ken from within,” he mirrored at CinemaCon in April. “I doubted my Ken-ergy. I didn’t see it. But Margot and Greta conjured this out of me.”

Regardless of the movie’s total good fortune and domination of popular culture, Gerwig additionally isn’t in a hurry to create a sequel.

“At this moment, it’s all I’ve got,” she defined in a July interview with The New York Instances. “I feel like that at the end of every movie, like I’ll never have another idea and everything I’ve ever wanted to do, I did. I wouldn’t want to squash anybody else’s dream but for me, at this moment, I’m at totally zero.”

Marc Maron Calls Out 'Insecure Babies' Who Are Offended by 'Barbie'

Comparable: Breaking Down the Hollywood Discourse Surrounding ‘Barbie’

John Salangsang/Shutterstock Oppenheimer could also be about an atomic bomb, however Barbie’s the film inflicting a popular culture explosion. “My hope for the movie is that it’s an invitation for everybody to be part of the party and let go of the things that aren’t necessarily serving us as either women or men,” director Greta Gerwig […]

Robbie, for her section, agreed with Gerwig’s ideas about leaving the movie as a standalone.

“I think we put everything we had into this one,” Robbie mentioned to the Related Press in November. “We didn’t build it to be a trilogy or something. Greta put everything into this movie, so I can’t imagine what would be next.”

Whilst Barbie 2 may not be hitting theaters anytime quickly, Mattel is making plans on liberating extra motion pictures focused round a few of their iconic toys. Polly Pocket, Scorching Wheels and American Woman all have tasks recently within the works.

https://classifiedsmarketing.com/movie-and-celebrity-news/ryan-gosling-wants-to-play-husky-ken-if-barbie-lands-a-sequel/?feed_id=64962&_unique_id=6573e661dec53

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post