Renee Rapp and Megan Thee Stallion Drop ‘Not My Fault’ From ‘Mean Girls’

[ad_1]
Megan Thee Stallion and Renee Rapp Swear Its Not My Fault in Song from New Mean Girls Movie
Megan Thee Stallion, Renee Rapp Phillip Faraone/Getty Photographs for GQ;Vivien Killilea/Getty Photographs for Paramount Footage

It’s now not Megan Thee Stallion and Reneé Rapp’s fault that you just’re in love with them or one thing.

Within the first preview of the cinematic adaptation of the Imply Women musical, Megan, 28, teamed up with Rapp, 23, for “Not My Fault.” The track sees Rapp and the “Cobra” rapper remodel a well-known line Lindsay Lohan’s personality, Cady Heron, dropped at Janis Ian (Lizzy Caplan) within the unique 2004 movie, turning it from an accusation to a “hot girl” declaration.

“It’s not my fault / You came with her but she might leave with me / It’s not my fault / You’ve gotta pay for what I get for free,” sings Rapp firstly of the monitor, which dropped on Friday, December 15. “Get her number, get her name / Get a good thing while you can / Kiss a blonde (kiss a blonde), kiss a friend (OK) / Can a gay girl get an ‘amen?’”

When Megan is available in, she continues to play with the track’s theme on her verse. “I mean, who wouldn’t wanna be in love with me? / I’m a mood, borin’ whores gotta Pinterest me,” she raps. In a while, she performs round with the Imply Women global, even name-dropping Regina George, portrayed via Rachel McAdams within the unique film. (Rapp, who performed the nature in Imply Women’ Broadway run, reprises the position within the upcoming movie.)

“It’s funny how the mean girl open all the doors,” raps Megan. “But I been told y’all, I’m the Black Regina George / Bikini top, booty shorts, Megan-core / You was hatin’ back then, now you finna hate more.”

[embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSFknXcKYY4[/embed]

Megan and Rapp printed their collaboration on Sunday, December 10, in an Instagram video that noticed the rapper consult with Rapp as “the new fantastic plastic.” On December Wednesday, December 13, the duo shared the track’s identify and the bootylicious album artwork — and as it used to be Wednesday, Megan wore purple. Rapp, in the meantime, sported a black thong bodysuit with semi-transparent purple stockings. “Meg told me to put my ass out so I put my ass out,” Rapp quippedby way of X (previously Twitter).

At the beginning of December, McAdams, 45, praised Rapp, telling Leisure This night she thinks the Broadway big name is “amazing.” McAdams additionally mentioned she’s “excited to see [Rapp’s] incarnation” of Regina. “It’s such a great character,” McAdams added. “It’s so much fun to play. I hope she has a great time with it. I can’t wait to see it.”

Mean Girls Cast Where Are They Now

Comparable: See What the 'Imply Women' Solid Is As much as Now

Imply Women debuted in theaters on April 30, 2004 — however the youngster movie is widely known yearly on October 3, due to some of the film’s maximum memorable scenes. The movie is chargeable for developing iconic strains together with, “On Wednesdays, we wear pink” and “Is butter a carb?” But if Aaron Samuels (Jonathan Bennett) innocently […]

The brand new Imply Women film hits theaters on Friday, January 12. Angourie Rice performs Cady Heron, whilst Moana’s Auliʻi Cravalho will big name as Janis. Tina Fey, who wrote and gave the impression within the first film, reprises her position of Ms. Norbury, whilst Tim Meadows will go back as Important Duvall. The movie additionally stars Bebe Wooden, Avantika Vandanapu, Jaquel Spivey, Jenna Fisher, Jon Hamm, Busy Philipps and Connor Ratliff.

https://classifiedsmarketing.com/movie-and-celebrity-news/renee-rapp-and-megan-thee-stallion-drop-not-my-fault-from-mean-girls/?feed_id=68318&_unique_id=657cdad664c14

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post