'Lately' display's Jill Martin cries purchasing for wig after chemo hair loss

[ad_1]

Jill Martin broke down in tears whilst purchasing for wigs amid her ongoing breast most cancers struggle.

The “Today” contributor were given candid about shedding her hair all the way through chemotherapy in an emotional Instagram Tale clip Wednesday.

“It’s really hard and strange,” she stated in a voice-over whilst appearing off a row of wigs. “But I’ll make believe I’m playing dress-up.”

Martin, 47, tried to stick constructive whilst opting for new hair, including “Maybe I’ll be a brunette.”

She then printed herself in a blond wig — very similar to her herbal hair.

“This looks just like me, right?” the TV character persevered as tears welled up in her eyes.

Jill Martin broke down into tears whilst purchasing for wigs after shedding her hair all the way through chemo. Jill Martin/Instagram
The “Today” contributor took to Instagram on Wednesday to sing their own praises a blond wig, very similar to her herbal hair. Nathan Congleton/NBC by means of Getty Photographs

“It’s hard. But . . . I feel like I could style it,” she stated whilst enjoying round with the strands. “It’s fun. It’s like playing dress-up. I’m dressing up as myself.”


For extra Web page Six you like …


Martin handled herself to a self-care day as she later went to get her eyelashes finished after shedding hers a couple of weeks after chemo.

“I’m going to get eyelashes now,” she stated. “Sort of like an ambush makeover on myself.” 

“This looks just like me, right?” she stated. “It’s hard. But . . . I feel like I could style it.” Jill Martin/Instagram

A couple of hours later, the “Steals and Deals” phase host confirmed off her lashes, including there wasn’t “a lot there” for the esthetician to connect the falsies to.

She seemed to be satisfied along with her purchases as she shared a video of herself glammed up in a blond wig and a face filled with make-up.

Martin, who used to be recognized with degree 2 breast most cancers previous this yr, purchased a wig after making an attempt to keep her golden locks amid her chemo therapies by way of the usage of the chilly capping means in October.

“It’s fun. It’s like playing dress-up. I’m dressing up as myself,” Martin added. Jill Martin/Instagram


She’s been candid about her adventure on social media and printed she underwent a double mastectomy over the summer time.

After the surgical treatment, Martin used to be advised by way of her oncologist that she must do chemo to “help ensure that” she used to be cancer-free.

“I will also need to take anti-hormonal drugs for 5 years. And I will most likely need chemotherapy because of the aggressiveness of the tumor,” she wrote in a “Today” essay revealed in August.

She later confirmed a pic of herself glammed up with the wig upon getting her eyelashes finished. Jill Martin/Instagram

Martin can even must go through a hysterectomy someday to minimize the probabilities of ovarian most cancers.

The broadcaster introduced her prognosis in July after checking out sure for the BRCA gene.

“Of course I’m devastated. You hear the C-word and you think the worst,” she advised Folks on the time. “But after you hear the word and you absorb it, you then have to be your own best friend.”

https://classifiedsmarketing.com/movie-and-celebrity-news/today-shows-jill-martin-cries-shopping-for-wig-after-chemo-hair-loss/?feed_id=73867&_unique_id=658dfe98ec007

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post