Philip Schofield resigns from ITV with 'quick impact' over affair

[ad_1]
Philip Schofield has made a shock announcement (Image: Rex)

Philip Schofield has resigned from ITV with ‘quick have an effect on’.

The previous This Morning presenter has made an announcement admitting to having an affair with a runner on the present.

This comes after Philip left the ITV present having introduced it with Holly Willoughby, 42, for 20 years amid a rumoured ‘feud’.

Now, the presenter has left the channel altogether and won't be internet hosting the British Cleaning soap Awards subsequent week – as he has achieved since 2006.

He has additionally been dropped by his agent of 35 years.

Philip made the shock announcement as he revealed he had an ‘on-off relationship’ with a youthful man who labored as a showrunner on This Morning.

In an announcement, Philip described the affair – which occurred when he was married to his spouse of 30 years, Stephanie Lowe – as ‘unwise however not unlawful’.

Philip and Stephanie have two daughters collectively; Ruby Lowe, 27, and Molly Lowe, 30.

Holly Willoughby and Philip Schofield introduced This Morning for 20 years till not too long ago (Image: Ken McKay/ITV/Shutterstock)

On his resignation from ITV, in an announcement to the Day by day Mail, he mentioned: ‘I'm painfully aware that I've lied to my employers at ITV, to my colleagues and associates, to my brokers, to the media and due to this fact the general public and most significantly of all to my household.

‘I'm so very, very sorry, as I'm for having been untrue to my spouse.

‘I've due to this fact determined to step down from the British Cleaning soap Awards, my final public dedication, and am resigning from ITV with quick impact expressing my immense gratitude to them for all of the wonderful alternatives that they've given me.

Philip then went on to say he would ‘mirror’ on his ‘very unhealthy judgement’ in getting concerned within the relationship and mendacity about it.

‘To guard his privateness, I'm not naming this particular person and my deepest want is that each he and his household can now transfer on with their lives free from additional intrusion, and that this assertion will allow them to take action,’ added Philip.

‘I ask the media now to respect their privateness. They've achieved nothing unsuitable, and I ask that their privateness needs to be revered.’

Philip admitted he lied to colleagues, household, newspapers, his agent, the general public, and his lawyer in regards to the affair (Image: ITV)

Philip started his assertion by saying he had a ‘consensual on-off’ relationship with a ‘youthful male colleague at This Morning’.

‘Opposite to hypothesis,’ he continued, ‘while I met the person when he was a youngster and was requested to assist him to get into tv, it was solely after he began to work on the present that it grew to become greater than only a friendship.

‘That relationship was unwise, however not unlawful. It's now over.’

He additionally added that when he selected to come back out as homosexual he did so ‘completely for my very own wellbeing’ and no one ‘pressured’ him to.

‘Neither I nor anybody else, to my information, has ever issued an injunction, tremendous or in any other case, about my relationship with this colleague, he was by no means moved on or sacked by or due to me,’ he continued.

‘In an effort to guard my ex-colleague I haven’t been truthful in regards to the relationship.

‘However my latest, unrelated, departure from This Morning fuelled hypothesis and raised questions which have been impacting him, so for his sake it is necessary for me to be sincere now.’

Acquired a narrative?

Should you’ve received a star story, video or photos get in contact with the Metro.co.uk leisure workforce by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff web page – we’d love to listen to from you.

MORE : In style TV couple tipped to interchange Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby as hosts on Dancing On Ice

MORE : Alison Hammond ‘put £700,000 home on market the identical day as Phillip Schofield give up This Morning’

https://classifiedsmarketing.com/movie-and-celebrity-news/philip-schofield-resigns-from-itv-with-immediate-effect-over-affair/?feed_id=274006&_unique_id=64710422d95da

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post