Richard Lewis Has Parkinson’s Illness, Retires From Stand-Up

[ad_1]
Richard Lewis Reveals Parkinson s Disease Diagnosis Retires From Stand-Up Comedy- I m on the Right Meds So I m Cool 211
Larry Marano/Shutterstock

Comic Richard Lewis introduced that he has retired from stand-up amid getting recognized with Parkinson’s illness and a number of other different well being points.

The Robin Hood: Males in Tights star, 75, took to Twitter to share a video with followers on Sunday, April 23. “Hey, pay attention, I simply wrapped a few weeks in the past season 12 of Curb Your Enthusiasm, and it was simply an incredible season, and I’m so grateful to be part of that present,” Lewis mentioned. “However you understand, the final three and a half years, I’ve had form of a rocky time and other people mentioned, ‘I haven’t heard from you, are you continue to touring?'”

His Tracks of My Fears tour was going into its forty eighth yr in 2018. Whereas most performers went on hiatus amid the coronavirus pandemic beginning in 2020, many have since returned to the stage. Nevertheless, Lewis revealed that he doesn’t intend to return to stand-up.

“Effectively, right here’s actually what occurred,” Lewis continued. “Three and half years in the past I used to be in the midst of a tour, and I lastly ended it with a present. I mentioned, ‘You recognize, I’m on the high of my recreation, after 50 years nearly I’m going to name it quits,’ and I felt nice about that. After which, out of the blue, the s–t hit the fan. I had 4 surgical procedures back-to-back-to-back-to-back. It was unbelievable, I couldn’t consider it. It was dangerous luck, however that’s life. I had a again surgical procedure, then I had a shoulder surgical procedure, then I had a shoulder substitute surgical procedure. … then I had a hip substitute. So there was months once I was simply specializing in PT [physical therapy], like I'm now.”

Richard Lewis Reveals Parkinson s Disease Diagnosis Retires From Stand-Up Comedy- I m on the Right Meds So I m Cool 212
INSTARimages.com

The surgical procedures are solely a part of why he has stopped touring. “On high of all of that, two years in the past, I began strolling slightly stiffly. I used to be shuffling my toes. I went to a neurologist, they usually gave me a mind scan, and I used to be recognized with Parkinson’s illness. That was about two years in the past,” he defined. “However fortunately, I obtained it late in life, they usually say you progress very slowly if in any respect. And I’m on the fitting meds so I’m cool.”

Lewis got here up within the Nineteen Seventies as a New York Metropolis stand-up comedian. He was a late-night common within the Eighties and ’90s. The New York native, who has been open about recovering from drug and alcohol dependancy, later appeared in a number of movies together with Drunks and Leaving Las Vegas. He made memorable TV appearances on Hiller and Diller, seventh Heaven and Curb Your Enthusiasm, the latter of which he nonetheless works on.

“I suppose I simply needed to let you understand that’s the place it’s been at,” Lewis concluded. “I’m completed with stand-up. I’m simply specializing in writing and appearing. I've Parkinson’s illness, however I’m beneath a physician’s care and the whole lot is cool. I like my spouse, I like my little pet canine and I like all my associates and my followers. And now you understand the place it’s been on the final three and a half years. God bless you.”

Lewis has been married to Joyce Lapinsky since 2005.

https://classifiedsmarketing.com/movie-and-celebrity-news/richard-lewis-has-parkinsons-disease-retires-from-stand-up/?feed_id=163231&_unique_id=6446cd374f75e

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post