As Metro turns 24, we discover out what occurred to our Rush-Hour Crushes



[ad_1]




Dragos Valentin and Monica Popa meeting on the platform in person for the first time

Dragos Valentin and Monica Popa assembly on the platform in particular person for the primary time after exchanging messages in Metro (Image: Dragos Valentin

Regardless of how dangerous the climate, or how delayed your morning prepare, one fixed reminder that love is throughout us has cheered the nation for years.


Metro’s iconic Rush-Hour Crush has helped turned these secret yearnings into limitless prospects, even hooking up readers with their commuting cutie IRL alongside the way in which. The truth is, in our a few years of crushes, we’ve had three weddings and one child – with one other because of arrive subsequent month.


After assembly by way of the column in November 2012, IT supervisor Gavin Smith used Rush-Hour Crush to publish a proposal to girlfriend Rebecca Church, saying, ‘I’m the Tall Rugby Participant who contacted you thru Rush-Hour Crush. I can’t think about my life with out you.’


Gavin handed her a replica of Metro at Shepherd’s Bush station in London, and offered Rebecca with an engagement ring as she tearfully mentioned sure.


When Michael Nobbs noticed somebody on his prepare in August 2008, he felt positive she was the girl of his desires, however due to a stutter, he didn’t have the boldness to say hiya. As a substitute, he put a message in Rush-Hour Crush.


The pair met and fell in love, and romantic Michael proposed with a replica of Metro. They married in 2011, and monetary planner Michael, 43, and Sarah, 37, now have a daughter, Rita, eight. ‘We’re as a lot in love with one another now as we have been in the beginning,’ says Michael.




Michael Nobbs with wife Sarah

Michael Nobbs with spouse Sarah (Image: Metro.co.uk)

Adam Lyons noticed the woman of his desires studying Rush-Hour Crush on his each day commute from Hoxton in January 2016, and began to speak to her. Ashleigh Porteous instructed him it was her dream to be within the column.


The 2 started courting and moved to Melbourne. Metro printed Adam’s proposal in Rush-Hour Crush, posted copies of the paper out to Australia, and Adam handed one to her throughout a romantic mountainside picnic. A delighted Ashleigh mentioned sure.


Now, the couple have purchased their first dwelling and predict their very own Metro child subsequent month.


Right here, our newest could-be couple, who fell for one another on the Guildford-to-London railway line, share how Rush-Hour Crush introduced them collectively.


‘She didn’t say a lot, simply instructed me to test web page 11…’



  • Dragos Valentin, 39, lives in Blackwater and works in building


‘One night on my method dwelling, the prepare was pulling as much as my cease, when a girl handed me a replica of Metro and instructed me to test web page 11. After I obtained dwelling, I noticed the Rush-Hour Crush part. Brunette With Headphones mentioned she was fascinated about a person with a inexperienced jacket, beanie and headphones – which is what I used to be carrying.


‘I emailed Metro explaining that I used to be the ‘man with beanie’ described within the paper and that I used to be eager to go on a date. I checked the paper day by day to see if I had a response. Days later, I did, and we organized to satisfy on the platform at Guildford station. There was an immediate spark.


‘Like me, Monica is Romanian, and we've got a lot in frequent. She mentioned she desires a household, the identical as me. I purchased her a bouquet of tulips. I additionally gave her a bracelet, because it was a Romanian vacation and that’s a customized again dwelling. We’ve laughed each time we’ve met up. She makes me really feel glad. Who is aware of? Perhaps we’ll invite Metro to the marriage.’




Monica's Rush-Hour Crush to Dragos: 'To Dragos, meet on the Guildford platform at 6.40pm and we share that 6.47pm train to the nearest pub on Thursday this week? You can keep your beanie on.'

Monica’s Rush-Hour Crush to Dragos (Image: Dragos Valentin)

‘This expertise has modified my thoughts on love’



  • Monica Popa, 38, is a fundraiser from Oxford


‘I used to be getting the prepare dwelling from work one night and noticed Dragos on the opposite facet of the platform. I believed we’d exchanged a figuring out look earlier than we obtained on the prepare but it surely seems he didn’t even see me. I couldn’t cease staring – I needed to get my ebook out and faux to learn.


‘Over the subsequent few days, I couldn’t get him out of my head, so I made a decision to ship a message to Rush-Hour Crush. I used to be shocked after I opened the paper and noticed it in print.


‘He was truly on the station the identical day my message was printed.


‘I ran as much as him with the copy of Metro. He seemed confused, and after I didn’t hear something for just a few days, I wrote it off.


‘However I then obtained an e-mail from Metro, who instructed me to test the paper the subsequent day – and I had a reply from Dragos! So I despatched my response by way of Rush-Hour Crush and we agreed to satisfy. It felt very romantic to need to maintain checking the paper day by day to see whether or not he had messaged. I’d been single for 2 years and had solely had boring Tinder dates.


‘I couldn’t consider my luck after I noticed Dragos on the platform – he was so handsome.


‘We went to a pub and chatted for hours. It was a very good date that resulted in a hug. He actually spoiled me after we went on our subsequent date, shopping for me an attractive bouquet and a bracelet.


‘My new yr’s decision was to be at peace with not having a relationship – I’d given up on romance. However I can see issues with Dragos changing into extra severe. We’re the identical age and we would like related issues.


‘This opportunity encounter has actually modified my concepts on love. I’m excited to see what is going to occur subsequent.’




Young women reading newspaper and sitting while waiting bus to start

You by no means know who’s eye you’ve caught in your solution to work (Image: Getty)

Metro’s very personal cupid – MetroTalk editor Paul Dietrich, who compiles Rush-Hour Crush – says: ‘We love getting these little notes of affection (or lust!) despatched into the paper and it’s super-sweet when folks do get collectively due to it.


‘They’re proof that glad endings do occur, even on the commute!’




MORE :
I’ve fostered greater than 50 children – now I present love and assist to teenage refugees




MORE : Angela Bassett’s ‘sore loser’ response at Oscars was refreshingly human







[ad_2]

Supply hyperlink

https://classifiedsmarketing.com/today-news/as-metro-turns-24-we-find-out-what-happened-to-our-rush-hour-crushes/?feed_id=66561&_unique_id=641111870fd6c

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post