New York Giants job not a stepping stone for me

[ad_1]

New York Giants defensive coordinator Wink Martindale has made it no secret that he’d prefer to be an NFL head coach sometime. He’s paid his dues and deserves a shot to show that he’s obtained what it takes.

Martindale might have that chance sooner fairly than later because the Indianapolis Colts lately requested an interview with each he and offensive coordinator Mike Kafka.

“I’m not going to present you any coach converse,” Martindale advised reporters on Wednesday. “It’s an honor.”

Though Martindale is flattered by the request, he is not going to interview this week. He stays targeted on serving to the Giants upset the Philadelphia Eagles within the divisional spherical of the NFC Playoffs.

However maybe much more than that, Martindale wished to make it clear that the Giants aren’t and have by no means been a stepping stone in his thoughts.

“After I got here right here as a Large it wasn’t a stepping stone for me. It was a vacation spot,” Martindale mentioned. “I adore it right here in New York. I like town. I believe it’s the best metropolis on this planet, I believe it’s the best followers on this planet and the possession — the Maras and Tischs — have been nice to my household.”

Martindale nonetheless intends to interview with Indy ought to the place be accessible afterward down the highway but when not, he’s glad with the place he’s at. And that satisfaction started to construct in early 2020 when he beforehand interviewed with the Giants for his or her vacant head teaching place.

“That’s the identical factor I did three years in the past and that’s how I met Mr. Mara the primary time,” Martindale mentioned. “I sat down with him and after that point on, I felt like he was a mentor and a pal. You’re speaking about one of many titans of the league. And also you’re working right here, like I mentioned, the best metropolis and the best metropolis on this planet.

“It’s not a slam-dunk anyplace. You simply weigh your choices and decide.”

Martindale’s gamers would love him to remain but when he landed a head teaching job elsewhere, they acknowledge that he deserves it. Giants possession and their followers would, too.

[ad_2]
Supply https://classifiedsmarketing.com/?p=24126&feed_id=90868

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post